H.S.C Mobility was founded in 2001 by Lee and Yvonne French and operates as a Family run business.
"The H.S.C stands for 'Health, Safety and Care'. Such is the driving nature of the company, and the major concern and passion of each and every member of staff as to how we serve all of our customers; past and present."
As well as supplying mobility aids to the general public, we are also an approved supplier to the NHS, social services and local charities. We stock a wide range of mobility products including mobility scooters, wheelchairs, bathing aids and paediatric equipment.
We also offer a hire service for a large range of items, long or short term; and have an in-house workshop for servicing and repairs. We offer full assessments and professional servicing, and we will not be beaten on the price or service that you receive from any other mobility centre in Cornwall.
Our mobility consultants are available for advice, consultation, and assessment on all mobility items. Rest assured that none of our staff operate on a commission basis, and we strictly adhere to our code of practice
2009 was an exciting year for H.S.C, as our custom built premises were built at the Marsh Lane Industrial Park in Hayle. We took onboard the feedback and requests of our customers, and designed a showroom and assessment centre that have placed Cornwall firmly on the map with regard to mobility product services and provision.
H.S.C Mobility are also members of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA). The BHTA is closely involved with developing industry and product standards, maintaining and improving on product choice, quality, and above all, safety.
The following is an excerpt from the BHTA webiste;
"There are lots of things that BHTA companies have to do to protect you if they are to remain a member, but here are a few things that you won't have to deal with if you choose to buy from them.
- You won't find yourself being pressurized into buying something that you don't need or that doesn't suit you
- You won't have to spend hours trying to get rid of a salesman in your own home
- You won't end up spending £1000's more than you need to
- You won't end up buying a product without a professional assessment to make sure it is exactly right for your own circumstances
- You won't end up paying for something that you don't receive if the company has a problem – BHTA companies are covered in that case."